Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Why I Made Vegan in VA

For the past year, I’ve been working on creating this blog and I think I’m finally ready to really share ityay!

I’ve already told you a little about myself (in my Meet Me Series), so now I’d like to tell you why I’ve made this blog. There are a few reasons, really:

bike rack at Cogan's North
1. I’m a sharer. When I find a particularly useful tip, tasty recipe, cool podcast, etc., I immediately want to share it with everyone I know. Good news is meant to be shared, right? And anything that makes life better/easier (like finally figuring out the perfect vegan French toast recipe!) is definitely good news.

2. There are a ton of great local resources sharing info about community events, activities, and other developments in Hampton Roads, but very, very few that focus exclusively on veg-friendly things to do, see, or eat. I’m excited to help fill that information gap.

3. People often ask me for vegan recipes, for tips about how to cut down on meat/dairy/egg consumption, or how to make the transition to a fully plant-based, vegan diet. I LOVE when people ask me about this!

As I said before, I’m a sharer, so it’s like getting a surprise present every time I get to help someone on the path toward veganism. The only trouble is that I often feel like I am throwing too much information at a person at once. Like, I know that rattling off a list of my favorite faux meat products isn’t going to stick in a person’s brain for very long. I kept finding myself thinking, If only I could jot down some notes for them to reference later… (Not to mention that every time this happened my husband would say, "See, this is why you need to blog!")

photo of a vegan breakfast: scrambled VeganEgg with tomatoes, whole wheat toast, OJ, & coffee
vegan breakfast: scrambled VeganEgg
 with tomatoes, whole wheat toast, OJ, & coffee
So, that’s kind of a quick round-up of the reasons why I decided to launch Vegan in VA. I just want to share what I’ve learned with y'all so that your lives will become easier, healthier, and more compassionate.

Maybe I’ll save you some time so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel (like I have many times since making the switch to veganism) and maybe I’ll make it easier for someone  to commit to a plant-based diet or even a fully vegan lifestyle.

Maybe I’ll even convince everyone in Virginia to go vegan!

Ambitious? Sure. But a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment