Sunday, July 19, 2015

Welcome to Vegan in VA!

Hello and welcome to Vegan in VA! Thank you so much for stopping by.

Before I get into all the fun that is veganism (and everything else I plan to talk about on this shiny new blog!) I want to take a few posts to introduce myself.

This post is Part 1 (of 3) in the Meet Me Series.
_________________


I'm a big fan of big sunglasses
My name is Shari G, but you can call me Shari.

I’m a proud Southern girl, born and raised right here in the 757. I spent my formative years in the country—literally living between a cotton or peanut field (depending on the year) and a corn field. I came to the city for college and have basically stayed here ever since.

Despite living in the city for a decade now, I still have some country tendencies (like only wearing shoes when it’s absolutely necessary), but they’re balanced out with a little bit of hippie-ness and a little rock-n-roll . . . and a heavy dose of my husband’s New York City Style!

My interests, like me, are pretty eclectic. I love all kinds of food, books, movies, and music. I like the mountains and love the beach. I’m happy to spend a day riding around on my bike or touring a historical site. I enjoy cooking and trying to master my Canon DSLR. Most of all, I love that VA is a great place to do all these things.



geeking out at the lightsaber
battle in Town Point Park
I don’t think VA always gets the attention it deserves, so I’m looking forward to sharing some of its awesomeness with the world—and especially you!

I’m also looking forward to sharing some of my favorite vegan-ized versions of traditional Southern recipes with you. Just because you’re vegan doesn’t mean you have to give up Virginia staples like BBQ and Brunswick Stew! And you might be surprised how easy it is to transform those kinds of dishes into cruelty-free versions.

That’s all for now, but get on down to the comment section and let me know what your favorite Southern dish is. Are there any that you haven’t had since you went veg?



No comments:

Post a Comment